Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Night Before (Garrett)

Hi my name is Garrett and along with Colter I will be writing about the Chicago at Large trip.
We started class on Monday and were issued our Chicago "Bibles". These things were MASSIVE. I took Zoology last semster and the book for that class wasn't even as large as the print out Prof. Tomlinson gave us.
The group who decided to come seems pretty cool. I havn't learned everyones name yet, not because they're not memorable but because I am bad with names, but i'll get on that. Prof's Blakely and Tomlinson are leading the group which should be pretty cool. This is my first expierance with them and the RSU theatre people and so far its been great (did i mention i was an Environmental Conservation major?).
We have had to pick out a subject about Chicago to write a presentation and paper about. I chose the culinary aspect. There are some really cool places with some intense history in Chicago. For instance the Billy Goat Tavern's original owner and his goat are the reason the Cub's are so horrible. Or there is a deep dish pizza place called Gino's were the original owners hired a cook from a rival resturant and used the other resturant's recipe to create their deep dish recipe.
There are other cool stories about the resturants we will go to that I will write about later.
I am real excited for this trip. I have been to big west coast cities before like Oakland and San Fran but never to really see what the city is like. I'm super psyched about all the theatre we will be seeing i think we are seeing somewhere around ten shows in half as many days plus site seeing, museums, resturants, and a Cub's game. Either way this will be a cool trip and i will fill you in as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment