Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Last Day in Chicago May 19

To day was a pretty easy day we went to the Field Museum and went to LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL!!!!

The Field Museum was cool i really enjoyed it. We got to see Sue, the only complete T Rex, and a lot of other dinosaur skeletons. Katie and Cristen talked with minnesotan accsents the whole time we went throught the mammal exhibit...we got some strange looks. We saw mummies and pirates also. I really enjoyed the native american exhibit I particularly enjoyed the pacific northwest part of the exhibit. They also had a Maori meeting house they transfered to the museum. When you went inside you had to remove your shoes in a sign of respect. There were TONS of kids. They must have been on a field trip cuz they were like cockroaches in a cheap apartment. I also got to play on the handrails on the front steps. I was super happy...and looked like a five year old. Also on a side note when we were in the evolution exhibit we notcied Cristen is the same size as Lucy, the first human ancestor.

Also we saw Buckingham Fountain its in a giant square by the lake. The space kind of reminded me of Red Square. The Fountain was massive and had great sculpures all over it. The park it was in was really cool also. I saw what i thought was a guy getting mugged, but they where just practicing Karate.


Legally Blonde was......good. Im sad to say I actually did not feel the need to stuff tissue in my ears and gouge out my eyes. It had some really catchy tunes. But i swear if the phrase" OMG! OMG you guys!" in high pitched valleygirlenese doesnt stop replaying in my head i AM going to do something drastic. But the musical was good, not quite up there with West Side Story, but still really good.

Afterwards Colter, KAtie and I had victory cigars for surviving said musical and we walked back to the hotel. Tommorrow we leave and it seems like to soon. I really would like to stay a little longer but my summer job in the Rocky Mountains is acallin and I am sure i would go homeless in another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment